The Good Neighbour takes a look at the Norwegian oil company Statoil’s operations in the Canadian oil sands.
Statoil, a major oil company with the Norwegian government as its majority owner, has in recent years expanded its operations well beyond its borders and is now a major player in the oil sands operations in western Canada. Statoil has always promoted itself as a responsible and eco-friendly company, but how do they fulfill this vision in the oil rich sand among the natives in Alberta? Norwegian Julie Strand Offerdal decides to get to the bottom of the issue by embarking upon an epic journey across Canada.
- Bergen International Film Festival / October 2013 (Bergen/Norway)
- Bømlo Fredsfestival / April 2014 (Bømlo/Norway)
- Den Norske Dokumentarfilmfestivalen / May 2014 (Volda/Norway)
- Göteborgs Indiefilmfest / May 2014 (Göteborgs/Sweden)
- Green Peace / May 2014 (Stavanger/Norway)
- Ekotop Filmfest / Oktober 2014 (Bratislava/Slovakia)
- Cinema Politica / December 2014 (Montreal / Canada)
The Price of The Slovak Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Ekotop Fim Festival, Slovakia
The Good Neighbour